Collaboration with Sunday Natural
You can easily make these tasty and crispy salted chocolate granola bars yourself. They are packed with nutrients and taste like sweets!
These muesli bars are the perfect snack for traveling, sports or the office.
What do you need for the salted chocolate granola bars?
- Rolled oats
The organic gluten free germinated rolled oats* were provided to me for this collaboration by Sunday Natural.
Why germinated? Rolled oats are full of fibre, vitamins, minerals, resistant starch for our good gut bacteria and also protein. By germinating, phytic acid is reduced, which makes it easier for our bodies to absorb all of these nutrients.
I went for almonds and hazelnuts, which I chopped and roasted. The recipe works just as well with Brazil nuts, cashews, peanuts or macadamias.
After a few minutes in the oven they are absolutely delicious. You can also buy roasted nuts, but then you might want to choose unsalted ones, otherwise I think it will just become too salty.
- Rice syrup
Rice syrup is just the most sticky. If you can only find maple syrup, that will taste great as well, but the granola bars might not be as stable.
- Almond butter
The brown almond butter* was also provided by Sunday Natural. They also have peanut butter, cashew butter or hazelnut butter, which will all work very well too for the salted chocolate granola bars.
- Rice flakes
They are usually sold in organic food stores. You can also use corn flakes, soy flakes or spelt flakes.
- Dark chocolate
Chocolate with at least 60% is usually vegan. When melting it in a bain marie, you only want it to get warm enough to melt. If it gets too hot, it can become difficult to work with.
- Cacao butter
The organic cacao butter* was also provided by Sunday Natural for my salted chocolate granola bars. When you add cocoa butter to melted chocolate, it becomes more liquid and easier to manage.
- Sea salt
Fleur de Sel is a game changer in the kitchen. If you don’t know the little pyramid shaped crystals yet, I highly recommend checking them out!
SALTED CHOCOLATE GRANOLA BARS
- 200 g almonds and hazelnuts 1 cup
- 50 g rolled oats 1/2 cup
- 50 g rice flakes 1 cup
- 80 ml almond butter 1/3 cup
- 80 ml rice syrup 1/3 cup
- 80 g dark chocolate 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter
- pinch of Fleur de Sel*
- Preheat oven to 180° C/ 356°F.
- Now, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Chop almonds and nuts up and spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes and let cool off a bit.
- Combine almond butter and rice syrup in a big bowl. Add rolled oats, rice flakes and nuts and stir well.
- Line a small mold (25×20 cm) with parchment paper. Add the sticky mass and press down. That works well with a potato masher. Freeze for at least an hour.
- Melt the chocolate and the cocoa butter in a bain marie and stir well.
- Lift the frozen block by the parchment paper out of the mold and spread the chocolate. It will firm up quickly on the cold block.
- Cut into 12 bars and keep them in the fridge in an airtight container.
If you like my salted chocolate granola bars, you might also enjoy my other recipes in collaboration with Sunday Natural:
- Hemp bagels
- Fermented cashew blueberry cheese
- Earl Grey loaf cake
- Superfood burgers
- Lion’s mane matcha latte
- Hojicha latte
- Superfood pralines
- Hojicha ice cream mini cheesecakes
- Chocolate pudding
- Chia jam
- Protein snickers ice cream
- Matcha Pralines
- DIY spice rack
- Almond buckwheat granola clusters
- Matcha popsicles
- DIY yoga mat spray