I’m presenting my 5-minute sweet and sour apricot mustard sauce!
There’s this fast food chain that we all know and they have a sweet-sour sauce that I used to love to eat with my french fries. I made a very similar sauce now and it is absolutely delicious with sweet potatoes, and especially with my new sweet potato skillet.
I use medium mustard for this sauce. Stronger ones, like dijon mustard, I would not recommend, the taste is too strong.
APRICOT MUSTARD SAUCE
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) apricot jam
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) medium mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- a few grinds black pepper
- First, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Just combine everything well and it’s ready. If the jam has fruit bits, I use a food processor or blender. If you find it too thin, just add a little more apricot jam.
Of course it is also delicious with fries or roast potatoes.