I first noticed lemongrass at vegan restaurant MyThai in Boston and I was blown away by the wonderful fragrance of the lovely lemongrass noodles I ate there.
Back home I started working on my own version right away with ginger, lime and maple syrup.
Now I love my simple recipe. It works as a quick meal or a nice side dish with satay and peanut sauce.
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 piece of ginger chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 250 g (9 oz.) noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- fried shallots optional
- Cut lemongrass: cut off root, green part and hard outer leaves. Chop up white part.
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
- Sauté carrot slices in a little plant oil at high to medium heat, then add lemongrass, ginger, garlic and onion.
- Combine maple syrup and soy sauce, mix with drained noodles and add to the pan. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Serve with lime, cilantro and fried shallots.
you might also like
This quick and easy recipe for my amazing little pretzel pain au chocolat happened…19. July 2021
I first noticed lemongrass at vegan restaurant MyThai in Boston and I was blown…11. May 2021
Here is a new version of my delicious spicy peanut sauce recipe. It’s now…27. April 2021