I first noticed lemongrass at vegan restaurant MyThai in Boston and I was blown away by the wonderful fragrance of the lovely lemongrass noodles I ate there.
Back home I started working on my own version right away with ginger, lime and maple syrup.
Now I love my simple recipe. It works as a quick meal or a nice side dish with satay and peanut sauce.
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 piece of ginger chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 250 g (9 oz.) noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- fried shallots optional
- Cut lemongrass: cut off root, green part and hard outer leaves. Chop up white part.
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
- Sauté carrot slices in a little plant oil at high to medium heat, then add lemongrass, ginger, garlic and onion.
- Combine maple syrup and soy sauce, mix with drained noodles and add to the pan. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Serve with lime, cilantro and fried shallots.
you might also like
There is a lot of discussing in Germany whether potato salad should be made…1. May 2022
Collaboration with Sunday Natural You probably know vegan superfood truffles in similar form as…6. February 2022
You can easily make crispy smoked paprika wedges with a delicious Mexican inspired spice…26. January 2022