Here is a separate version of my delicious spicy peanut sauce recipe:
1 garlic clove
1 small onion
1 tablespoon ginger
240 ml/ 1 cup coconut milk
1/2 -1 teaspoon sambal oelek
2 tablespoons ketjap manis
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 stalks lemongrass
maybe some light soy sauce to taste (I use Bragg’s liquid aminos)
Heat a little oil in a pot and sauté garlic, onion, and ginger for a moment.
Add coconut milk, sambal oelek, ketjap manis and peanut butter, stir, blend either with a stick blender or pour in a blender and blend.
Pour back into pot, bring to a boil, add lemongrass and simmer at low heat for about 15 minutes.
Remove lemongrass and add a little soy sauce if desired, or a little more sambal oelek if you want the sauce to be more spicy.
The spicy peanut sauce goes very well with satay sticks:
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 240 ml/ 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- maybe soy sauce to taste
- Heat a little oil in a pot and sauté garlic, onion, and ginger for a moment.
- Add coconut milk, sambal oelek, ketjap manis and peanut butter, stir and blend.
- Bring to a boil, add lemongrass and simmer at low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass, maybe add soy sauce and more sambal oelek if desired and serve.
Do you like this recipe? You can pin it on pinterest by clicking on the red button below.