Here is a new version of my delicious spicy peanut sauce recipe. It’s now quick, easy and even more delicious with peanut butter, ginger, garlic, onion, coconut milk, soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar and chili.
I put lemongrass in and love it, but if you can’t get it, just leave it out, the sauce will still taste great.
It’s ready in minutes, can be enjoyed warm or as a cold dipping sauce and works well with:
- French fries
- Sweet potatoes
- Fried noodles
- Spring and summer rolls
- Buddha bowls
- Rice dishes
The peanut sauce will last in the fridge for at least a week … theoretically. You can also freeze it.
SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) coconut or other plant milk
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- pinch of chili
- maybe a few drops of caramel colour if you want the sauce to look darker
- Heat a little oil in a pot and sauté garlic, onion, ginger and lemongrass in plant oil until translucent and fragrant.
- Put into a blender and add maple syrup, plant milk, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter and chili, and blend.
- Taste and add more soy sauce and chili if desired.
- You can add a few drops of caramel colour if you want the sauce to look darker.
- You can enjoy the sauce warm or cold.
You might also like
Bami Goreng means fried noodles. This easy vegan recipe with Ketjap Manis, the sweet…29. October 2020
Making wraps yourself is easy, and homemade wraps taste so much better than store-bought…29. September 2020
(Cooperation with Vantastic Foods) Satay is originally from Indonesia, but is served in many…26. July 2020
Subscribe to my newsletter: