Cooperation with Sunday Natural
Homemade full grain spelt bagels with hemp seeds! So delicious, easy to make and so packed with nutrients.
Did you know that hemp seeds contain all nine essential amino acids? They are also very rich in omega-3 acids, and high in protein and good fats.
They don’t contain THC, so no worries when having them for breakfast or bringing them to a brunch 🙂
Sunday Natural have provided me with their peeled organic hemp seeds for our Cooperation.
Use the code VEGANBUFFET10 to get 10% off the Sunday Natural online shop, except for bundles & sets. The Code is valid until Oct 30, 2021.
If you like hemp seeds, you also want to check out my pink hemp granola.
I use full grain spelt flour, but of course other flours will work if you don’t like full grain. You can also just use half full grain and half other, so you get the best of both worlds.
SPELT BAGELS WITH HEMP SEEDS
- 360 g full grain spelt flour 3 cups
- 7-9 g dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 240 ml lukewarm water 1 cup
- plant cream
- hemp seeds
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a bowl, mix, add water and knead for about 10 minutes by hand or with a machine at medium speed. Just add a little water or flour if the dough is too flaky or sticky.
- Apply a little oil to a bowl and your hands, place the dough in the bowl to let it rise for about 1 hour.I usually cover it with a damp towel and put it in the warm, switched-off oven. The temperature should be around 30°C/ 85°F. Temperatures over 40° kill the yeast.
- After an hour, the dough should have doubled. Punch it down to release the air. Knead again for a moment, then form 6 balls.
- Poke a hole in the middle of each of them and make it bigger with your fingers. Cover again and let rest for another 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 220°C/ 410°F, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and bring a big pot of water to a boil.
- Place the bagels one by one in the boiling water for about 30 seconds and then put them on the baking sheet.
- Glaze with plant cream and sprinkle with hemp seeds, then bake for 22 minutes and serve warm.
you might also like
Need some sandwich inspiration? Here are my top 10 favourite vegan sandwich ideas for…19. October 2021
Cooperation with Sunday Natural Homemade full grain spelt bagels with hemp seeds! So delicious,…5. October 2021
This sweet potato focaccia started with a tasty bread I ate in Tel Aviv…30. September 2021