Cooperation with Sunday Natural
You absolutely have to try this delicious no churn protein snickers ice cream made with vegan vanilla protein powder, salted date caramel, roasted peanuts and covered in crunchy vegan chocolate. It’s the perfect treat for cozy winter afternoons!
It’s gluten free and requires no ice cream maker.
Ingredients for the protein snickers ice cream
For this cooperation with Sunday Natural I have picked their organic bourbon vanilla protein powder to be creative with. It’s made of brown rice, legumes and seeds and contains 8 essential amino acids, prebiotics, lots of fibre and no added sugars.
It’s a nice protein snack stirred into plant milk, but I noticed that it also works very well as an ice cream ingredient for the perfect texture – along with adding loads of nutrients!
I was also provided with their 100% raw peanut butter which I used for the date caramel.
Along with protein powder and peanut butter, I used:
- vegan whipped cream. Either it’s already whipped, like this* one that I use, or it’s whippable and you just whip it up before starting the recipe. You can also make whipped cream from a can of coconut milk, here you can read how to do that)
- peanuts ( I like the roasted and salted ones)
- dates (If they are very dry, you want to soak for an hour before blending)
- vegan chocolate of your choice
How to make this no churn ice cream
It’s easy and fun, and you don’t need an ice cream maker. I’ll show you exactly how to do it in the video in the recipe card below.
What you do need is a blender for the date caramel. I use this stick blender* for this recipe, it works very well.
You’ll also need some ice cream molds, these here* are super easy to use , not expensive and come with wooden sticks. This mold makes 8 ice creams of 7cm x 4cm.
You can store the finished protein snickers ice cream in the freezer in an airtight container and take them out about 5 minutes before serving.
PROTEIN SNICKERS ICE CREAM
- 50 g fresh dates (or dried ones soaked for 1 h) about 7 dates
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 80 ml water 1/3 cup
- pinch of salt
- 150 ml vegan whipped cream 2/3 cup
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- handful of peanuts
- 200 g vegan chocolate two bars/ 1 cup
- Blend dates, water, peanut butter and salt into a caramel-ly paste in a blender or with a stick blender.
- mix whipped cream with protein powder
- Layer the protein mix into the molds (about 3/4 full) and add the wooden sticks.
- Top with peanuts and date caramel, then freeze for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie, fill it into a glass and dip the frozen ice creams.
- The chocolate dries very fast, you can put them on parchment paper almost right away.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container and remove 5 minutes before serving.
If you like the taste of the protein snickers ice cream, you might also like my snickers shake with espresso*.
you might also like
For these tasty vegan amaretto madeleines, you’ll only need 9 or 10 ingredients and…23. January 2022
There are many ways of veganizing this sandwich classic, and there are lots of…20. January 2022
Cooperation with Sunday Natural Even before my cooperation with Sunday Natural, I have ordered…16. January 2022