The snickers shake with espresso came into my life when my friend Anne studied at Harvard University. I requested a lot of flights to Boston back then, that hotel almost felt like a second home. We always met at O2 Yoga School’s café. Now, that was almost 10 years ago and I don’t even know if the café still exists, but they were serving the most amazing vegan breakfast there. We loved the whole menu.
My drink choice every time was the delicious hyper monkey smoothie. It tasted like cappuccino and liquid snickers and just went perfectly well with every hearty sandwich or breakfast burrito. My favourite combination was that chocolate-y smoothie with the banh mi sandwich.
So I came up with my own recipe for it and renamed it snickers shake with espresso, so I could have this healthy creamy vegan milkshake anytime. And so can you.
What are the ingredients for the snickers shake with espresso?
- dark chocolate or cocoa powder
- peanut butter
- espresso – double for me please
- plant milk of choice
- maple syrup or dates
- a pinch of cayenne
If you don’t almost feel like flying out of the window bursting with energy after having this – then I don’t know …
SNICKERS SHAKE WITH ESPRESSO
- 1 espresso or double espresso
- 1/3 cup (60 g) dark chocolate or 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 55 g
- 3/4 cup plant milk 180 ml
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 2 dates
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne
- ice cubes
- First, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Melt the chocolate pieces in espresso. Put in the blender with banana, peanut butter, plant milk, maple syrup, cayenne and salt, then blend.Pour in two glasses and add ice cubes. Ready!