(Cooperation with Vantastic Foods)
This vegan sweet potato skillet is the perfect fall food with crispy aromatic baked sweet potatoes, fresh rocket salad and hearty veggie mince with nourishing black beans. It’s also gluten free. It goes especially well with my quick apricot mustard sauce.
It works for lunch or dinner and it’s also a nice filling idea for wraps.
For the veggie mince, I use the soy granules by Vantastic Foods* I was given for promotion. You just soak it in veggie broth for 10 minutes and it’s ready to be used like minced meat.
Leftovers are perfect for sandwiches, warm or cold.
SWEET POTATO SKILLET
- 500g (3 cups) sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 100 g (2 cups) soy granules*
- 500 ml (2 cups) veggie broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 250 g (1 cup) black beans cooked or from a can and rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika powder
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- maybe some soy sauce and chili to taste
- 2 handfuls of rocket salad
- apricot mustard sauce
- or vegan mayo
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (392° Fahrenheit).
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges. I leave the skins on.
- Mix in a big bowl with olive oil and salt, spread on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime soak the soy granules in the hot veggie broth for 5 minutes and drain if necessary.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil, add the soy granules, the beans, the smoked paprika powder and the thyme, and roast at medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sweet potatoes and add soy sauce and chili to taste.
- Serve with fresh rocket salad and apricot mustard sauce or vegan mayo. Or both 🙂
You might also like
My favourite dinner for the cozy season is nourishing oven veggies with a delicious…6. November 2022
This Italian inspired pasta salad recipe was due for an update. It got new…16. April 2022
This recipe for homemade ravioli filled with vegan cheese and a fruity hearty blueberry…14. January 2022