This Italian inspired pasta salad recipe can easily be prepared when you’re visiting or on holiday. It’s ready in less than 20 minutes, the ingredients should be available in every supermarket and you don’t need any fancy kitchen equipment.
This healthy mediterranean summer salad can be enjoyed warm from the pan as a quick meal. It can also be eaten cold, so it’s perfect to bring to a potluck, barbecue, to the beach or to a party buffet. Or just in your lunch box to work.
My simple basic recipe without mayonnaise works fine without onions and garlic, but of course it’s fine to add them.
What do you need for the pasta salad?
- lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes
- Italian herb mix
- smoked paprika spice
- pine nuts
- maple syrup
- a little chili
- balsamic glaze
If you don’t know balsamic glaze yet, you really need to try it, it’s a thick syrupy sauce made of balsamic vinegar. It’s delicious on many dishes and sandwiches and I think it’s available everywhere meanwhile. If you can’t find it, you can make it yourself by simmering balsamic vinegar until it thickens up, usually about 20-30 minutes. That’s why it is also called balsamic reduction.
What can you add to the pasta bowl?
- meat replacements
- vegan cheese
- onions and garlic
QUICK & EASY PASTA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 3 cups pasta 300 g
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes cut in quarters
- olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons smoked paprika powder or just paprika
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons Italian herbs oregano, thyme or mixture etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- rocket salad or spinach or salad mixture
- balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Sauté the carrots in a little oil, add salt, Italian herbs, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and maple syrup and stir well.
- Now drain the pasta und add it, stir-fry a little, and it’s ready.
- Put it on the plates und roast the pine nuts in the skillet for a moment.
- Add salad and tomatoes to the pasta, a little salt and pepper and balsamic glaze.
- And now add the pine nuts.
- By the way, this still tastes great when cooled off, so you can also put it in a container and take it somewhere.
If you enjoyed the pasta salad and you’re looking for another quick and easy recipe, feel free to check out my peanut noodles.
You might also like
This quick and easy recipe for my amazing little pretzel pain au chocolat happened…19. July 2021
This easy, quick vegan recipe for spaghetti with lentil bolognese are one of the…14. July 2021
Whenever I’m hosting a brunch at my house, I serve a cold vegan brunch…19. June 2021