This Italian inspired pasta salad recipe was due for an update. It got new pictures, a new video and it now tastes even more delicious.
The pasta salad can easily be prepared when you’re visiting or on holiday. It’s ready in less than 20 minutes, the ingredients should be available in every supermarket and you don’t need any fancy kitchen equipment.
This healthy mediterranean summer salad can be enjoyed warm from the pan as a quick meal. It can also be eaten cold, so it’s perfect to bring to a potluck, barbecue, to the beach or to a party buffet. Or just in your lunch box to work.
My simple basic recipe without mayonnaise also works fine if you omit the onions and garlic.
What do you need for the pasta salad?
- pasta of choice
- rocket salad or spinach and tomatoes
- Italian herb mix
- smoked paprika spice or just paprika powder
- pine nuts
- maple syrup
- a little chili
- balsamic glaze
If you don’t know balsamic glaze yet, you really need to try it, it’s a thick syrupy sauce made of balsamic vinegar. It’s delicious on many dishes and sandwiches and I think it’s available everywhere meanwhile. If you can’t find it, you can make it yourself by simmering balsamic vinegar until it thickens up, usually about 20-30 minutes. That’s why it is also called balsamic reduction.
What can you add to the pasta bowl?
- meat replacements
- cooked lentils or beans
- tofu, especially smoked tofu
- vegan cheese
- other vegetables
This is of course an excellent way to use up what’s left in the fridge! Tofu and other veggies can best be added right after the onions, ready to eat meat replacements, lentil or beans and vegan cheese can be added before the pasta.
QUICK & EASY PASTA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 2,5 cups pasta 250 g
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika powder or just paprika
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 hand fulls rocket salad or spinach
- 2 tomatoes cut in quarters
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- pinch of chili
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Cut lemon in half and brown them in olive oil face down for about 3-5 minutes. Then set aside.
- Sauté the onions in the same pan for about 2 minutes until translucent, then add garlic and pine nuts. Stir well.
- Add smoked paprika, herbs, salt, maple syrup and the drained pasta and stir well.
- Mix tomatoes, rocket salad and balsamic glaze and to the pasta, stir, put on plates immediately and sprinkle with chili.
If you enjoyed the pasta salad and you’re looking for another quick and easy recipe, feel free to check out my peanut noodles.
You might also like
Collaboration with Hanfgeflüster This is one of the easiest recipes I ever made and…5. December 2022
Collaboration with Sunday Natural This time I have wonderfully fragrant earl grey loaf cake…22. November 2022
(no paid advertisement) Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach of Los Angeles are often referred…9. November 2022