In my holiday kitchen I’ll show you quick and easy vegan recipes which are easily cooked somewhere else. You only need about 20 minutes and a couple of things from the supermarket. You don’t need any fancy kitchen devices for these peanut noodles. They are a perfect crowd pleaser after a long day at the beach or snowboarding.
You can make these incredibly tasty peanut noodles for lunch or dinner, as a main course or side dish. They can be enjoyed warm or cold and be prepared for a picknick or a long trip.
This recipe for noodles with peanut sauce is basic on purpose, but of course you can add
- other vegetables
- meat replacement
I like to make this Southeast Asian inspired noodle dish when visiting my dad, whose kitchen cabinets are almost empty and who refuses to eat onions. Or I make the peanut noodles to use up what’s in the fridge before flying.
What do you need for noodles with peanut sauce?
You need noodles. They are usually vegan, but there are some that contain eggs, so you want to check the label. In an emergency I would go for Spaghetti if the little shop at the camping site doesn’t have much to choose from.
I went for broccoli and carrots as vegetables, but of course they are interchangeable.
For the sauce you’ll need peanut butter. If it is salt-free, you might need a little more soy sauce.
If you’d rather have a sauce without coconut milk, you can just use water.
When I’m cooking for a group, there is usually one person who doesn’t like cilantro. That’s why I often serve it separately. Or I just use parsley.
I always serve the peanut noodles with extra soy sauce and chili on the table.
QUICK & EASY NOODLES WITH PEANUT SAUCE
- 250 g (9 oz.) noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- plant oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or fresh chili
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk or water
- Cut the carrot, wash the broccoli and cut it.
- Then heat water for the noodles.
- Chop ginger and peanuts and cilantro, cut lime into wedges.
- Boil noodles according to instructions.
- Roast broccoli and carrots at moderate to high heat in a skillet for a few minutes. Feel free to add onions, garlic, other veggies, tofu or any meat replacement.
- Drain noodles.
- Remove broccoli and carrots from the skillet and sauté ginger for a moment.
- Reduce the heat, add maple syrup, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, rice vinegar, coconut milk or water and peanut butter, and stir into a creamy sauce.
- Add noodles, turn heat back up, stir again and then add broccoli and carrots.
- Stir-fry a little more, then put on plates and arrange with lime wedges, cilantro and peanuts.
- Serve with extra soy sauce and chili to taste.
If you like the noodles with peanut sauce, you might also like my quick and easy pasta salad with balsamic sauce.
Or do you just want a recipe for peanut sauce?
You might also like
My super aromatic quick easy healthy lime rice with smoked tofu is on our…20. August 2022
This Italian inspired pasta salad recipe was due for an update. It got new…16. April 2022
Collaboration with Sunday Natural Avocado in chocolate pudding? I had a hard time imagining…21. March 2022
Subscribe to my newsletter: