In my easy holiday kitchen I show dishes like this pasta salad, that can easily and quickly be cooked somewhere else, in about 20 minutes, with ingredients from the supermarket and no fancy kitchen toys.
They work without onions and garlic, but of course it’s fine to add them.
Feel free to add tofu or any meat substitute oder beans or other veggies, anything you found in the shops and like, or still have in the fridge and want to use up, there’s endless variations of this dish.
If you don’t know balsamic glaze yet, you really need to try it, it’s a thick syrupy sauce made of balsamic vinegar, it’s delicious on many dishes and sandwiches and I think it’s available everywhere meanwhile.
You can arrange the salad bowl style throw it all into the skillet together at the end: the pine nuts, the rocket salad, the tomatoes and loads of balsamic glaze and give it a good stir.
The pasta salad also tastes great when cooled off, so you can also put it in a box and take it somewhere.
QUICK & EASY PASTA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 3 cups pasta 300 g
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes cut in quarters
- olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons smoked paprika powder or just paprika
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons Italian herbs oregano, thyme or mixture etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- rocket salad or spinach or salad mixture
- balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Sauté the carrots in a little oil, add salt, Italian herbs, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and maple syrup and stir well.
- Now drain the pasta und add it, stir-fry a little, and it’s ready.
- Put it on the plates und roast the pine nuts in the skillet for a moment.
- Add salad and tomatoes to the pasta, a little salt and pepper and balsamic glaze.
- And now add the pine nuts.
- By the way, this still tastes great when cooled off, so you can also put it in a container and take it somewhere.
You might also like
Whenever I’m hosting a brunch at my house, I serve a cold vegan brunch…19. June 2021
These vegan quick and easy noodle dishes are crowd-pleasers that take less than 25…9. June 2021
I first noticed lemongrass at vegan restaurant MyThai in Boston and I was blown…11. May 2021