These vegan sesame noodles were inspired by a cold packed Asian sesame noodle salad that I once got at a little shop in New York for my flight home, and I liked it so much I took a picture of the label with the ingredients to experiment with them at home until I had the noodle salad we liked best. I also added smoked tofu and red cabbage to my recipe.
The final result turned out amazing and has become my number one enjoy warm or cold easy to transport crowd-pleaser. I’ll bring it whenever I’m invited somewhere, like a picknick or party buffet. Or just as a work lunch.
What do you need for the sesame noodles?
- ramen noodles
- soy sauce
- maple syrup
- smoked tofu
What goes well with sesame noodles?
SESAME NOODLE SALAD
- 9 oz. / 250 g Asian noodles
- 1 carrot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- some plant oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 smoked tofu cut in cubes
- red cabbage
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- about 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- parsley or cilantro
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
- Cut the carrots into blossoms if you like or just slice them.
- Mix soy sauce, maple syrup and tahini in a big bowl. Add noodles, stir well and set aside.
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger, then add carrots and tofu. Sauté for a few minutes at moderate heat, then add noodles and stir-fry for another few minutes.
- Garnish with red cabbage, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and parsley or cilantro.
You enjoyed the sesame noodles? Feel free to have a look at my 5 quick and easy noodle dishes.
You might also like
Need some sandwich inspiration? Here are my top 10 favourite vegan sandwich ideas for…19. October 2021
This easy, quick vegan recipe for spaghetti with lentil bolognese are one of the…14. July 2021
These vegan quick and easy noodle dishes are crowd-pleasers that take less than 25…9. June 2021