My raspberry banana cake goes back to when I was in Sao Paulo and had lunch at an all-you-can-eat veggie buffet close to our hotel. They had a perfect banana cake and when I was back home working on my own recipe, I found that it might be even more fun with raspberries and vegan white chocolate.
So this is the result of my experiments and it’s my go to cake whenever I’m supposed to bring cake.
And the best thing about this raspberry banana cake is, it’s super easy and superquick, and there are many decoration options.
For decoration ideas you can have a look at my blogpost the foodporn formula.
Varieties of the raspberry banana cake
A variety of this vegan banana cake with blueberries instead of raspberries is delicious, and I imagine strawberries, physalis, blackberries or cherries will be amazing too.
RASPBERRY BANANA CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE
- 1 vegan white chocolate (80g) keep one bar for garnishing
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 4-5 bananas very ripe
- 60 ml maple syrup 1/4 cup
- 160 ml plant oil 2/3 cup
- 60 ml plant milk 1/4 cup
- 200 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- sliced almonds and some fresh raspberries for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Now gather all your ingredients together and prepare them in the right amount. That makes baking so much easier and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Chop white chocolate and mix with raspberries and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. I use my food processor for that, but you can chop the chocolate with a knife and mash the raspberries with a fork. Then set mixture aside.
- Mash the bananas in the food processor. You don't need to clean it before. You can also use a fork for mashing.
- Whisk mashed bananas, 60 ml maple syrup, plant oil and plant milk, then combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla powder in a separate bowl and mix well. Then combine both quickly.
- Pour half of the cake dough into a lightly greased form (I used a 24 cm/ 9 inch bundt cake form), then add the raspberry mixture, then the other half of the cake dough.
- Gently twist a fork through the batter, marble cake style and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Then I usually switch the oven off and leave the cake in there for another 5-10 minutes, so there's not such a temperature difference when taking the cake out.
- To toast the sliced almonds, I just put them in a dry pan and toast them for a few minutes. They burn easily, so you want keep an eye on them and keep stirring.
- After the cake cooled off, grate remaining white chocolate over the cake, then a little powdered sugar, and decorate with toasted almonds and fresh raspberries.