My raspberry banana cake goes back to when I was in Sao Paulo and had lunch at an all-you-can-eat veggie buffet close to our hotel. They had a perfect banana cake and when I was back home working on my own recipe, I found that it might be even more fun with raspberries and white chocolate*.
So this is the result of my experiments and it’s my go to cake whenever I’m supposed to bring cake.
And the best thing about this raspberry banana cake is, it’s super easy and superquick, and there are many decoration options.
For the video, I decided for a variation with glittery wafers and edible dried flowers*.
Meanwhile I’m decorating my raspberry cake cake with fresh raspberries, toasted almonds and powdered sugar.
For decoration ideas you can have a look at my blogpost the foodporn formula.
Varieties of the raspberry banana cake
A variety of this vegan banana cake with blueberries instead of raspberries is delicious, and I imagine strawberries, physalis, blackberries or cherries will be amazing too.
RASPBERRY BANANA CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE
- 4-5 bananas
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup 60 ml
- 2/3 cup canola oil 160 ml
- 1/4 cup plant milk 60 ml
- 1,5 cups flour 180 g
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 vegan white chocolate keep one bar for garnishing
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup
- powdered sugar
- sliced almonds and some fresh raspberries for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Whisk mashed bananas, 1/4 cup syrup, canola oil, plant milk, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla together until just combined, don't overstir.
- Grate white chocolate and mix with raspberries and 1/2 teaspoon syrup into a pulp. I use a food processor for that.
- Pour half of the cake dough into a lightly greased form (I used a 24 cm/ 9 1/2 inch bundt cake form), then add the raspberry mixture, then the other half of the cake dough.
- Gently twist a fork through the batter, marble cake style and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Then I usually switch the oven off and leave the cake in there for another 5-10 minutes, so there's not such a temperature difference when taking the cake out.
- To toast the sliced almonds, I just put them in a dry pan and toast them for a few minutes. They burn easily, so you want keep an eye on them and keep stirring.
- After the cake cooled off, grate remaining white chocolate over the cake, then a little powdered sugar, and decorate with toasted almonds and fresh raspberries.
You might also like
This quick and easy recipe for my amazing little pretzel pain au chocolat happened…19. July 2021
When I was a child, I stayed a lot with my grandparents in Holland.…2. March 2021
These white chocolate raspberry pretzel bars really have it all: the cake is soft…25. January 2021