This easy bami goreng style noodle recipe is ready in minutes and great as a quick vegan fried noodle dish. The combination of ketjap manis, the sweet dark Indonesian soy sauce, mango chutney and sambal oelek, the Indonesian chili paste makes for a delicious umami flavor. It’s also good cold from the fridge, perfect as a work lunch.
It is of course a perfect side for soy satay or seitan satay with spicy peanut sauce!
What else goes well with my easy Bami Goreng?
You can of course add other veggies like snap peas, white cabbage, leek, bok choi, bean sprouts, bell peppers etc. mushrooms and meat replacement products also work well.
EASY BAMI GORENG STYLE NOODLES
- 250 g (9 oz.) noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis*
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sambal oelek*
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1-2 tablespoons frozen peas
- handful of fresh red cabbage chopped
- First, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Heat water mit 1 teaspoon of salt for the noodles.
- Combine soy sauce, ketjap manis, mango chutney and sambal oelek and mix well, then set aside.
- Put noodles in boiling water.
- Sauté onions and carrots in plant oil in a pan for about 3 minutes, add peas and garlic and stir well.
- Drain noodles and combine with sauce, then add to pan and stir.
- Stir-fry a little for a few minutes, you might want to add a little more soy sauce to taste.
- Serve with red cabbage and cilantro.
If you love quick noodle dishes, check out these 5 quick and easy noodle recipes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
I first noticed lemongrass in a stir-fry at vegan restaurant MyThai in Boston and…24. February 2023
HEARTY SAUERKRAUT SKILLET
German food today, super easy recipe: a hearty plant based sauerkraut skillet with potatoes…15. February 2023
LIME RICE WITH SMOKED TOFU
My super aromatic quick easy healthy lime rice with smoked tofu is on our…8. August 2022