My super aromatic quick easy healthy lime rice with smoked tofu is on our table at least once a week I usually make twice the amount of rice when I cook rice for dishes like my tahini veggies or my butternut apricot curry, so we can have a delicious fried rice the next day.
Careful: You always want to put leftover rice in the fridge asap, otherwise a bacteria called bacillus cereus can become a problem. When using the leftover rice, you want to make sure it’s thoroughly heated.
LIME RICE WITH SMOKED TOFU
- 1 smoked tofu, cubed
- 2 carrots, diced
- juice and peel of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- coriander stems, chopped
- about 500 g cooked and cooled rice (2,5 cups) was about 1 cup/ 200 g uncooked
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots
- coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Heat plant oil in a big pan and cook the tofu for a few minutes. Then add the carrots.
- Make the sauce: combine grated lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, maple sirup and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the onion, cranberries and coriander stems to the pan and stir, then add the rice and the sauce mix.
- Now stir-fry for a few minutes and serve with fried shallots, coriander leaves and lime wedges.
you might also like
Cooperation with Sunday Natural These delicious crunchy sweet and salty almond buckwheat granola clusters…24. September 2022
Za’atar is a West Asian spice mixture and there are regional variations. I have a…20. September 2022
My super aromatic quick easy healthy lime rice with smoked tofu is on our…20. August 2022