These tahini veggies are a quick meal I created by chance, when on a Sunday evening I just threw a couple of things I found in the fridge without great expectations. It was soooo good!
Some of you might know the sauce from my sesame noodles, and as a warm rice dish it works just as well. Now we’re having this at least once a week, and every time we are impressed how tasty this simple combination is.
- 1 cup/ 180 g of uncooked basmati rice
- 3 cups/ 200 g broccoli cut into florets
- 1 carrot cut into slices or flowers
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- cilantro or parsley
- fried shallots and black sesame seeds for garnishing
- Cook rice according to instructions .
- Steam broccoli and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger at moderate heat in a pan. If you don’t have a steaming basket, you can also just put the broccoli and carrots into the pan and sauté them.
- Stir soy sauce, tahini and maple syrup with 3 tablespoons water into a creamy sauce.
- Add the veggies and the sauce to the pan, stir, and serve immediately with the rice. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and fried shallots and black sesame.
You might also like
This Italian inspired pasta salad recipe was due for an update. It got new…16. April 2022
Collaboration with Sunday Natural Avocado in chocolate pudding? I had a hard time imagining…21. March 2022
People still often ask me why vegans eat meat replacements. For me, that’s completely…19. February 2022