When I was a child, I stayed a lot with my grandparents in Holland. At our breakfast table, there was something there called Duo Penotti, a brown hazelnut and white vanilla striped chocolate sandwich spread and it was absolutely delicious. Of course I tried to apply it to my sandwich as tidily in the commercial – but it always ended up messy and swirled, so that’s what’s in my childhood memories and that’s what inspired me to these bars.
I don’t know if there is a vegan version of Duo Penotti in the making, but for now we can have these duo pretzel bars and they capture the taste mixture of white vanilla and hazelnut so well!
The little pretzels on the cookies become a bit stale over night. So if you have some cookies left, I recommend replacing the pretzel. Remove it, run a hot spoon over the chocolate and put a new pretzel in that place.
The cake can also be baked in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge before decorating or even be frozen.
DUO PRETZEL BARS
- 2 cups flour 240g
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar 75g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plant milk 240ml
- 1/3 cup plant oil 80ml
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 bar of brown chocolate
- 1 bar of white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons cocoa butter*
- 7-10 mini pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350° Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and vanilla well and mix plant milk, oil and apple cider vinegar well, then pour together and combine quickly.
- Spread the dough out in a greased square baking tin, the one I use is 24 x 35 cm/ 9,5 x 13,7 inch.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool off.
- Carefully melt the brown chocolate and 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter in a pot over hot water and spread it on the cake.
- Then melt the white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter in a pot over hot water and add it, then swirl into a nice pattern and add the pretzels.
- Cut into pieces, put in the fridge for 15 minutes and serve.
You might also like
This quick and easy recipe for my amazing little pretzel pain au chocolat happened…19. July 2021
When I was a child, I stayed a lot with my grandparents in Holland.…2. March 2021
These white chocolate raspberry pretzel bars really have it all: the cake is soft…25. January 2021