It’s 2021 and I hope you’re not over sweets yet, because here comes the best thing I ever baked!
I know I say that about all my food. Ok.
But if you make these chocolate pretzel bars and bite into the crunchy salty pretzel, the crispy cool thick chocolate and the soft cake, you will agree with me that they are so good!
Perfect thing to bring to a party, watch the omnis have a foodgasm and then tell them it’s vegan!
Can you still enjoy the chocolate pretzel bars the next day?
The little pretzels on the cookies become a bit stale over night. So if you have some cookies left, I recommend replacing the pretzel. Remove it, run a hot spoon over the chocolate and put a new pretzel in that place.
The cake can also be baked in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge before decorating or even be frozen.
CHOCOLATE PRETZEL BARS
- 2 cups flour 240g
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar 90g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plant milk 240ml
- 1/3 cup plant oil 80ml
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 bars of brown chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter*
- 7-10 mini pretzels
- 1/2 bar dark chocolate
- dried rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350° Fahrenheit.
- First, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and vanilla well and mix plant milk, oil and apple cider vinegar well, then pour together and combine quickly.
- Spread the dough out in a greased square baking tin, the one I use is 24 x 35 cm/ 9,5 x 13,7 inch.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool off.
- Carefully melt the brown chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa butter in a pot over hot water.
- Spread it on the cake. Swirl into a nice pattern if you like.
- Then add the pretzels and put it in the fridge.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the 1/2 teaspoon cocoa butter in a pot over hot water.
- Take the cake back out of the fridge and fill the dark chocolate into a piping bag or a self-made little paper cone.
- Decorate the cake with the chocolate and sprinkle dried rose petals.
- Then cut into pieces, refrigerate for 10 minutes and serve.