Vegan white chocolate glazed chai madeleines are quick and easy to make yourself. What you need is a madeleine baking tin, for example this one*. I find it really pretty and you don’t need to grease it.
What are the white chocolate glazed chai madeleines based on?
Ever since the first time I had a Masala Chai in an Indian restaurant, I’ve been a big fan. As it’s mostly not vegan, I make my own at home. Fresh ginger, a cinnamon stick, black pepper, cloves and cardamom, some black tea, simmer for 10-20 minutes, pour through a sieve, add plant milk and maple syrup and enjoy.
That taste would be amazing in a christmas treat too, I thought the other day. The result was so tasty, I had to share that with you.
You don’t need to make tea for the white chocolate glazed chai madeleines, the spices go right into the dough. You can use a mortar and pestle or an electric spice mill to grind them up. Or if you have some instant chai tea powder, that will work too. I would use about a tablespoon of that.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZED CHAI MADELEINES
- 1 and 3/4 cups spelt flour 200g
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar 75g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 3 black pepper corns
- content of 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cup plant milk 240ml
- 1/3 cup plant oil 80ml
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 bar of vegan white chocolate 80g
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter*
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 356°F.
- First, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in a bowl, combine the cup of plant milk, the plant oil and the apple cider vinegar in a second bowl.
- Then stir until just combined.
- Pour the dough evenly into the madeleine tin. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool off a bit. Then take the madeleines out and put them in the fridge. They should be really cold when you dip them into the chocolate.
- Heat water in a pot (don’t boil) and put the white chocolate with the cocoa butter in a smaller pot in the water. Melt while stirring. When the first pieces start to melt, you can switch the heat off. The chocolate should not get warmer than necessary for melting.
- Dip the madeleines with the madeleine side into the glaze and let them dry.
Have you seen my other fall recipes for cozy dark evenings?
you might also like
EASTER LAMB CAKE
What would an Easter brunch be without a sweet vegan Easter lamb cake? This…18. March 2023
My delicious vegan Baileys style Irish liqueur is easily and quickly made at home.…8. March 2023
CBD PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Collaboration with Hanfgeflüster These peanut butter cups with CBD-oil are one of the easiest…5. December 2022