Vegan white chocolate glazed chai madeleines are quick and easy to make yourself. What you need is a madeleine baking tin, for example this one*. I find it really pretty and you don’t need to grease it.
Ever since the first time I had a Masala Chai in an Indian restaurant, I’ve been a big fan. As it’s mostly not vegan, I make my own at home. Fresh ginger, a cinnamon stick, black pepper, cloves and cardamom, some black tea, simmer for 10-20 minutes, pour through a sieve, add plant milk and maple syrup and enjoy.
That taste would be amazing in a christmas treat too, I thought the other day. The result was so tasty, I had to share that with you.
You don’t need to make tea for the chai madeleines, the spices go right into the dough. You can use a mortar and pestle or an electric spice mill to grind them up. Or if you have some instant chai tea powder, that will work too. I would use about a tablespoon of that.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZED CHAI MADELEINES
- 1 and 3/4 cups spelt flour 200g
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar 75g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 3 black pepper corns
- content of 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cup plant milk 240ml
- 1/3 cup plant oil 80ml
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 bar of vegan white chocolate 80g
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter*
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in a bowl, combine the cup of plant milk, the plant oil and the apple cider vinegar in a second bowl.
- Then stir until just combined.
- Pour the dough evenly into the madeleine tin. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool off completely.
- Heat water in a pot (don’t boil) and put the white chocolate with the cocoa butter in a smaller pot in the water. Melt while stirring. When the first pieces start to melt, you can switch the heat off. The chocolate should not get warmer than necessary for melting.
- Dip the madeleines with the madeleine side into the glaze and let them dry.
you might also like
When I was a child, I stayed a lot with my grandparents in Holland.…2. March 2021
These white chocolate raspberry pretzel bars really have it all: the cake is soft…25. January 2021
It’s 2021 and I hope you’re not over sweets yet, because here comes the…3. January 2021