This sesame noodle salad was inspired by one that I once got at a little shop in New York for my flight home, and I liked it so much I took a picture of the label with the ingredients to experiment with them at home. I also added smoked tofu and red cabbage.
The final result turned out amazing and has become my number one enjoy warm or cold easy to transport crowd-pleaser to bring when I’m invited somewhere.
What goes well with sesame noodles?
Sesame Noodle Salad
- 9 oz. / 250 g Asian noodles
- 1 carrot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- some plant oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 smoked tofu cut in cubes
- red cabbage
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- about 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- parsley or cilantro
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
- Cut the carrots into blossoms if you like or just slice them.
- Mix soy sauce, maple syrup and tahini in a big bowl. Add noodles, stir well and set aside.
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger, then add carrots and tofu. Sauté for a few minutes at moderate heat, then add noodles and stir-fry for another few minutes.
- Garnish with red cabbage, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and parsley or cilantro.
You might also like
These vegan quick and easy noodle dishes are crowd-pleasers that take less than 25…9. June 2021
I first noticed lemongrass at vegan restaurant MyThai in Boston and I was blown…11. May 2021
Whenever I cook rice, I make twice the amount, because the leftover rice is…4. April 2021