The fluffy pretzel twist baguettes are a variation of my popular fluffy pretzel corners. They are crispy on the outside and buttery and fluffy on the inside. I created them for my banh mi sandwich, but of course they work with any other sandwich or just by themselves.
FLUFFY PRETZEL TWIST BAGUETTES
- 3 cups flour 360 g
- 2 teaspoons of dried yeast 7-9 g
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lukewarm water 240 ml
- a little plant oil
- 1/3 cup vegan butter at room temperature 75 g
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- sea salt
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a bowl, mix, add water and knead for about 10 minutes by hand or with a machine at medium speed. Just add a little water or flour if the dough is too flaky or sticky.
- It is also possible to use fresh yeast. I dissolved 21 g (half a cube) with the sugar in the lukewarm water, let it rest for 10 Minutes and then mixed it with flour and salt in the bowl, kneaded it for 10 minutes as well.
- Apply a little oil to a bowl and your hands, place the dough in the bowl to let it rise for about 1 hour.
- I usually cover it with a damp towel and put it in the warm, switched-off oven. The temperature should be around 30°C/ 85°F. Temperatures over 40° kill the yeast.
- After an hour, the dough should have doubled. Punch it down to release the air.
- Knead again for a moment, roll it into a long baguette and cut in 5 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a rectangle and apply vegan butter, and pile them up. Don’t apply butter to the last one yet.
- Roll the pile out carefully by only setting the rolling pin down.
- Apply butter and roll up from one of the long sides.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
- Twist them up.
- Put them on parchment paper on a baking tray, and let them rest for 15-20 Minutes.
- If you don’t want to bake them right away, you can now put them in the fridge, well covered and leave them there over night. Or you can even freeze them.
- Preheat the oven to 210° C/410°F.
- Now we need 2 tablespoons boiling water and 2 teaspoon baking soda. Stir very carefully and apply to the fluffy pretzel twist baguettes with a brush.
- Then apply some more butter. Sprinkle with salt and sesame and bake golden brown for about 20 minutes. The fluffy pretzel twist baguettes are best served warm.
Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an
Brand new recipe on my blog! Because my fluffy pretzel corner are so popular, I created fluffy pretzel twist baguettes for my banh mi sandwiches and now they have become my favourite thing to make. It may sound weird, but they are also fantastic with chocolate spread 😋 Have you ever tried pretzel and chocolate together? If not, you haven’t lived! Recipe link in bio #flymetotheveganbuffet #veganism #veganlife #veganpretzel #fortheloveofveganfood #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig #veganfood #plantbased #veganlifestyle #veganlove #instavegan #vegancommunity #veganliving #veganfoodie #veganeats #herbivore #healthyfood #vegancooking #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #veganbaking #veganbread
You might also like
Whenever I’m hosting a brunch at my house, I serve a cold vegan brunch…19. June 2021
The fluffy pretzel twist baguettes are a variation of my popular fluffy pretzel corners.…12. November 2020
This banh mi inspired sandwich was created when my friend Anne went to Harvard…11. November 2020