This is a basic recipe for a very quick and easy stir-fry. Perfect for creating a Sunday evening dinner from what’s in the fridge.
Ingredients for the easy stir-fry
- The basic components are soy sauce, maple syrup (or other syrup), lime (including the peel if it is organic) and ginger. I also love how the dried cranberries balance out the acidity and the spices.
- Onions and garlic can be used as well if you like, and either noodles or leftover rice. The rice should be cooled off before you use it in the recipe, which makes it way more manageable.
- You can use almost any veggies: carrots, broccoli, pumpkin, cabbage, soy bean sprouts, fennel, bell peppers, celery, peas. Beans and tofu or other meat replacements are great too.
- You can garnish the food beautifully with nuts or fried onions, chilis or Sriracha sauce. And of course fresh herbs.
- 250 g noodles (9 oz) or 600 g cooked and cooled rice (21 oz)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- juice and peel of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 cups veggies and protein sources, e.g. carrots, broccoli, smoked tofu, peas
- black pepper, fried onions, fresh herbs, lime wedges for garnishing
- Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice and peel in a big bowl.
- Add drained noodles (or rice) and stir well.
- Heat some coconut oil in a wok or a wok skillet and add ginger, then add the other veggies, protein sources and dried cranberries.
- Now stir-fry them for a few minutes and add the noodles or the rice. Keep stir-frying until cooked.
- Serve on plates and garnish.
You might also like
This easy bami goreng style noodle recipe is ready in minutes and great as…19. January 2023
My super aromatic quick easy healthy lime rice with smoked tofu is on our…8. August 2022
This Italian inspired pasta salad recipe was due for an update. It got new…16. April 2022