These delicious crispy oven roasted smashed pink potatoes with pink pepper, fresh herbs and smoked paprika make a nice vegan side for almost anything.
I created them for the food photography challenge by the little plantation and then we liked them so much, I knew you would, too. So I put the recipe on the blog.
SMASHED PINK POTATOES
- 12 small pink potatoes or any other small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of panko/ breadcrumbs
- pink pepper and fresh herbs
- First, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Wash the potatoes and cook in salt water for 15 minutes, then drain and let them cool off a bit.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Mix the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika powder and the olive oil.
- Place the cooled potatoes on a baking sheet, and gently press them down with the palm of your hand. Brush them with spiced olive oil and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over them.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until they are browned and crispy.
- Serve with fresh herbs, pink pepper, flaky salt and vegan mayo or sour cream, peanut sauce or apricot mustard sauce.