These delicious crispy oven roasted smashed pink potatoes with pink pepper, fresh herbs and smoked paprika make a nice vegan side for almost anything.
I created them for the food photography challenge by the little plantation and then we liked them so much, I knew you would, too. So I put the recipe on the blog.
SMASHED PINK POTATOES
- 12 small pink potatoes or any other small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of panko/ breadcrumbs
- pink pepper and fresh herbs
- Wash the potatoes and cook in salt water for 15 minutes, then drain and let them cool off a bit.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Mix the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika powder and the olive oil.
- Place the cooled potatoes on a baking sheet, and gently press them down with the palm of your hand. Brush them with spiced olive oil and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over them.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until they are browned and crispy.
- Serve with fresh herbs, pink pepper, flaky salt and vegan mayo or sour cream, peanut sauce or apricot mustard sauce.
You might also like
This quick and easy recipe for my amazing little pretzel pain au chocolat happened…19. July 2021
This easy, quick vegan recipe for spaghetti with lentil bolognese are one of the…14. July 2021
Whenever I’m hosting a brunch at my house, I serve a cold vegan brunch…19. June 2021