Cooperation with Casa Firelli
These little pumpkin bruschetta are a taste explosion! Crispy pan-fried bread, a hint of garlic, rich and buttery roasted Hokkaido squash, sweet and tangy pomegranate tendrils, aromatic basil and a spicy umami hot sauce!
Italian brand Casa Firelli have provided their delicious hot sauce for me to be creative with.
It is handcrafted in Parma and made of Italian ingredients including Calabrian chilies, roasted red peppers, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and porcini mushrooms. It’s medium spicy, just enough to add a little kick to your food.
- 1/2 small Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 french baguette or other bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 tablespoons Firelli hot sauce
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 C°/ 400 F°
- Cut pumpkin in thin slices of about 4 mm and spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Apply a little olive oil on each of them with a brush and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Open the pomegranate and set aside about 1/3 cup of tendrils for the bruschetta.
- Roll some big basil leaves together into a cigar shape and then cut them finely.
- When the pumpkin is ready and cooling, heat some olive oil in a pan and roast the sliced bread from both sides.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub it over the bread slices.
- Layer the pumpkin slices on the bread and add hot sauce.
- Sprinkle pomegranate tendrils and basil and enjoy!
Do you like the combination of pumpkin and bread? You might also like my Hokkaido Za’atar focaccia.
you might also like
Cooperation with Sunday Natural These delicious crunchy sweet and salty almond buckwheat granola clusters…24. September 2022
Za’atar is a West Asian spice mixture and there are regional variations. I have a…20. September 2022
Collaboration with Sunday Natural This is a super quick and easy recipe for chia…5. April 2022