This vegan recipe was inspired by the fried apple sandwich my Dutch grandmother used to make for me. She would spread lard on a slice of bread, layer the fried apple slices and add white sugar and sometimes cinnamon, and that was eaten with fork and knife. I think she called it an appel-broodje.
I still like it a lot, but instead of lard I use vegan butter, and the white sugar was replaced with coconut sugar. I added cardamom and nutmeg to the cinnamon. Vanilla and cloves are also nice with it.
I usually prepare a little more of the spice mixture, so I always have some on hand for the next fried apple sandwich.
FRIED APPLE SANDWICH
- 1 apple
- 2 cardamom cloves
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- vegan butter
- 1 bread roll
- Cut apples in slices and fry them in a little vegan butter from both sides until golden brown and soft.
- Open cardamom cloves and grind in a mortar or electric spice mill.
- Mix with coconut sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Butter the bread roll, layer the apple slices and sprinkle the spice mixture.
If you love brunch you might want to check out my 7 ideas for your perfect vegan brunch buffet.
you might also like
Collaboration with Sunday Natural Summer is coming and I have created a tasty creamy…14. May 2022
Collaboration with Hanfgeflüster Have you tried CBD oil yet? Otherwise you’ve probably heard of…7. May 2022
There is a lot of discussing in Germany whether potato salad should be made…1. May 2022