For these tasty vegan amaretto madeleines, you’ll only need 9 or 10 ingredients and about 10 minutes.
25 minuten later you can take beautiful fluffy French cookies out of the oven.
A little powdered sugar on top – ready!
You can also grated some vegan white chocolate over the still warm amaretto madeleines before dusting them with powdered sugar, that works very well with the aroma of the Italian almond liquor.
If you don’t want to use alcohol you can just use a little almond flavour and a little more plant milk. The dough should be relatively liquid, so it’s easy to pour it into the mold.
This dough recipe makes 12 madeleines in a mold like this one*.
FLUFFY AMARETTO MADELEINES
- 200g spelt flour 1 and 3/4 cup
- 75g coconut sugar 3/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 180 ml plant milk
- 80ml plant oil 1/3 cup
- 60 ml Amaretto* 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- powdered sugar
- vegan white chocolate optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in a bowl, combine the cup of plant milk, the plant oil and the apple cider vinegar in a second bowl. Then stir together until just combined.
- Pour the dough evenly into the madeleine tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let cool off a bit.
- Take the madeleines out and grate some vegan white chocolate over them if you like, then dust them with powdered sugar.
If you liked the amaretto madeleines, you might also be interested in my chai madeleines with white chocolate glaze.
you might also like
Cooperation with Sunday Natural These delicious crunchy sweet and salty almond buckwheat granola clusters…24. September 2022
Za’atar is a West Asian spice mixture and there are regional variations. I have a…20. September 2022
My super aromatic quick easy healthy lime rice with smoked tofu is on our…20. August 2022