When my friend Anne studied at Harvard University, I requested a lot of flights to Boston. I was her book courier, and for handing over the books she needed, we met at O2 Yoga School’s café.
Now, that was almost 10 years ago and I don’t know if the café still exists, but they were serving the most amazing vegan breakfast there. We loved the whole menu.
And my drink choice every time was the delicious hyper monkey smoothie. It tasted like cappuccino and liquid snickers and just went perfectly well with every sandwich or breakfast burrito.
My favourite combination was that smoothie with the banh mi sandwich.
So I came up with my own version of it and renamed it snickers shake with espresso, so you know what to expect.
SNICKERS SHAKE WITH ESPRESSO
- 1 espresso or double espresso
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate 60 g
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 55 g
- 3/4 cup plant milk 180 ml
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 2 dates
- pinch of salt
- ice cubes
- Melt the chocolate pieces in espresso. Put in the blender with banana, peanut butter, plant milk, maple syrup and salt and blend.Pour in two glasses and add ice cubes. Ready!
You might also like
Whenever I’m hosting a brunch at my house, I serve a cold vegan brunch…19. June 2021
These vegan quick and easy noodle dishes are crowd-pleasers that take less than 25…9. June 2021
I first noticed lemongrass at vegan restaurant MyThai in Boston and I was blown…11. May 2021