Cooperation with Sunday Natural
I guess I don’t need to tell anyone anymore why oats, nuts and almonds are superfoods, but what is so special about hemp seeds?
They contain all nine essential amino acids and are very rich in omega-3 acids, and they also are low carb but high in protein and good fats. They don’t contain THC though, so no need to worry about being stoned all day if you have this granola for breakfast.
Their nutty flavour goes very well with granola.
This recipe is gluten free if you use gluten free oats.
Sunday Natural have provided me with their peeled organic hemp seeds* for our cooperation.
But that wasn’t all! I also got to play with another superfood for my hemp granola: hibiscus blossom powder.
This tropical plant is very rich in precious organic acids, iron, vitamin C and polyphenols. Sunday Natural’s sun-dried hibiscus blossom powder* is bright pink and has a lemony-refreshing taste.
It didn’t only give the hemp granola its special colour and flavour, I also sprinkled some over the coconut yoghurt and stirred it in a little. That tastes amazing and looks pretty.
Of course it’s amazing with fresh fruit.
PINK HEMP GRANOLA
- 1,5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nuts and almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut chips
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon hibiscus powder
- First, gather all your ingredients and prepare them in the right amounts. That makes it so much easier and more fun and you're less likely to forget anything.
- Preheat oven to 180° C/ 356 F°.
- Combine oats, nuts and almonds, coconut chips and hemp seeds.
- Mix hibiscus powder, water and maple sirup and pour over nut mixture. Stir well, so everything is nicely coated and pink.
- Spread mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 7 minutes.
If you like my hemp granola, you might also enjoy my other recipes in collaboration with Sunday Natural: