This easy, quick vegan recipe for spaghetti with lentil bolognese are one of the absolute go-tos in our kitchen. We usually have pasta, lentils and tomatoes on hand. As a meat replacement I really like ready to use brown lentils. But of course you can use dried ones and cook them yourself. This dish is ready in 25 minutes and a satisfying crowd pleaser.
This pasta recipe is already super tasty, but with added aromatic browned pine nuts and chopped rocket salad with its nutty spiciness they turn into a sensation!
For the lentil bolognese you only need:
- onions and garlic
- canned tomatoes and tomato paste
- cooked brown lentils
- Italian herbs
- nutritional yeast
- a little red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 can tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herb mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 can cooked brown lentils
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- a little red wine optional
- 300 g Spaghetti 10 oz.
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 handful of rocket salad
- a dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat salt water in a big pot for the pasta.
- Sauté onions in a medium pot in olive oil until soft. Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, lentils, salt, 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast and optional red wine. Stir well, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer with the lid on.
- When the water is boiling, add pasta and cook for one minute less than instructions suggest.
- Drain and add to the simmering sauce immediately. It's fine if a little cooking water gets into the sauce, it will only make it better. Stir well.
- Brown the pine nuts in a small pan, dry or with a little olive oil. Careful, they burn quickly.
- Serve the pasta with 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast sprinkled over the top as parmesan replacement, with the rocket salad and the pine nuts.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like my other 5 quick and easy noodle dishes.
You might also like
This quick and easy recipe for my amazing little pretzel pain au chocolat happened…19. July 2021
This easy, quick vegan recipe for spaghetti with lentil bolognese are one of the…14. July 2021
Whenever I’m hosting a brunch at my house, I serve a cold vegan brunch…19. June 2021