(Cooperation with Vantastic Foods)
I’ve had my lamb mold and my bunny mold for years now and bringing cute cake animals to the easter table has always been a huge hit.
This is how to make vegan cake animals based on my chocolate bomb recipe. I made a dark brown chocolate lamb and a light brown bunny. For the bunny I replaced the cocoa powder with almond extract and used white chocolate to make the ganache.
For the eyes I used Monsters by Vantastic Foods*, which were provided to me by the company.
The vegan chocolate lambs also looked cute on our Easter brunch table:
- 1 1/4 cups flour 160 g
- 3/4 cup sugar 100 g
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (30 g) for a dark animal
- pinch of almond extract for a light animal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plant milk 240 ml
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 ml
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients well, combine liquid ingredients in a different bowl and then mix together until just combined.
- Lightly grease mold and sprinkle with cocoa powder or flour, especially the nose. Then pour the dough into the mold and bake for 40 minutes.
- Open the oven door and poke a wooden stick into the dough. If it comes out with dough sticking to it, the cake still needs a few minutes. Otherwise take it out and let it cool off, the longer, the more stable the lamb.
- Carefully remove the cooled off cake animal from the mold.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and the cocoa butter into a ganache in a bain marie. That means heating water in a pot (don't boil) and put the ingredients into a smaller pot in the water. Melt while stirring. When the first pieces start to melt, you can switch the heat off. The chocolate shouldn't get warmer then necessary for melting.
- Apply the ganache with a knife to the animal and place the eyes. Put in the fridge to firm up.
You might also like
Collaboration with Hanfgeflüster This is one of the easiest recipes I ever made and…5. December 2022
Collaboration with Sunday Natural This time I have wonderfully fragrant earl grey loaf cake…22. November 2022
Cooperation with Hanfgefluester CBD oil can relieve anxiety and pain and improve sleep quality,…13. October 2022