(Cooperation with Vantastic Foods)
I’ve had my lamb mold and my bunny mold for years now and bringing cute cake animals to the easter table has always been a huge hit.
This is how to make vegan cake animals based on my chocolate bomb recipe. I made a dark brown chocolate lamb and a light brown bunny. For the bunny I replaced the cocoa powder with almond extract and used white chocolate to make the ganache.
For the eyes I used Monsters by Vantastic Foods*, which were provided to me by the company.
The vegan chocolate lambs also looked cute on our Easter brunch table:
- 1 1/4 cups flour 160 g
- 3/4 cup sugar 100 g
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (30 g) for a dark animal
- pinch of almond extract for a light animal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plant milk 240 ml
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 ml
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients well, combine liquid ingredients in a different bowl and then mix together until just combined.
- Lightly grease mold and sprinkle with cocoa powder or flour, especially the nose. Then pour the dough into the mold and bake for 40 minutes.
- Open the oven door and poke a wooden stick into the dough. If it comes out with dough sticking to it, the cake still needs a few minutes. Otherwise take it out and let it cool off, the longer, the more stable the lamb.
- Carefully remove the cooled off cake animal from the mold.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and the cocoa butter into a ganache in a bain marie. That means heating water in a pot (don't boil) and put the ingredients into a smaller pot in the water. Melt while stirring. When the first pieces start to melt, you can switch the heat off. The chocolate shouldn't get warmer then necessary for melting.
- Apply the ganache with a knife to the animal and place the eyes. Put in the fridge to firm up.
You might also like
This quick and easy recipe for my amazing little pretzel pain au chocolat happened…19. July 2021
Whenever I’m hosting a brunch at my house, I serve a cold vegan brunch…19. June 2021
When I was a child, I stayed a lot with my grandparents in Holland.…2. March 2021